So easy, so festive, so fun. We used this recipe when we read Spookley the Square Pumpkin and encouraged the kids to select any shape of “pumpkin” they preferred. Check out our blog post on all the activities we love to do when we read Spookley by clicking here. And If you’re interested in purchasing the book, click here. Happy cooking!
- Pizza dough (we used the Pillsbury pop-can)
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Cookie cutters or a knife to cut out shapes
- Olives (sliced into circles)
- Green Pepper (sliced for smiles and stems)
- Pepperoni (cut into triangles for the nose)
- Baking sheet
- Cooking spray (or tin foil to line the pan for easy clean up)
- Let the kids pick their “cookie cutter” and cut out the shape they want for their pizza
- Have them add shredded cheese, pepperoni, green peppers, and olives for the face
- Bake at the temperature indicated on the package for 8 minutes (we did not pre-bake the dough before adding the toppings as the instructions recommend and they turned out great, TIME SAVER!)
*This post contains affiliate links
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.