We made this cute craft after reading “Dragons Love Tacos“. We also used it when playing this game. Silly us, we never took a picture of the mini dragon all by himself, but we have lots of other pictures to share with you! Let’s make a mini dragon!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Glue or Glue dots
- Crepe Paper, cut into thin strips
- Razor Blade or Scissors
- Googly eyes
- Puff Craft Balls: 2 large and 2 small
- Mini Cups (we found a pack of 20 at the dollar store!)
Here’s how we did it:
- Cut off the bottom of the cup using a razor blade or scissors
- Lay all your strips of crepe paper out and use a piece of tape to fasten them all together. You want the crepe paper to only take up about half of the tape so there is some stickiness left to fasten the strips to the cup. Next, loop the tape and fasten inside to make your “fire breath”
3. Attach Puff Balls (nose and eyes) and Googley eyes using glue or glue dots and your fire-breathing dragon is ready to go!
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.