In “Olivia” by Ian Falconer, Olivia goes to the beach and builds a pretty amazing sandcastle, so we decided to build one too!
- Moon Sand (Sand, Cornstarch, & Water, tutorial link here)
- Tote or tray
- Measuring cups
- Start by making your moon sand. We loved this simple recipe & tutorial we found on youtube.
- Transfer moon sand to a tote or tray and add the measuring cups
- Start forming your sandcastles!
- Make tiny flags out of toothpicks, paper, and tape to add the finishing touch.
Click Here to view more activities for “Olivia”.
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.