Time to make something sweet for your Valentine! This easy sweet is a great gift for kids to give to their loved ones on Valentine’s Day. Easy and only a little messy (and a lot delicious), this treat comes highly recommended by the Patootie team. Especially if you splurge on the good chocolate. Yum! Make this treat after you read Guess How Much I Love You, and talk about all the things you love about the people around you.
- Pretzel Rods
- Dark chocolate melting wafers (we used Ghirardelli)
- White chocolate melting wafers
- Red/pink food coloring
- Tall cup
- Wax paper
- Melt the dark chocolate in a tall cup.
- Dip each pretzel rod in the chocolate. Tipping the cup to the side makes it easier to cover more of the pretzel with chocolate.
- Lay the pretzels on wax paper to dry.
- Melt the white chocolate in a small bowl, stir in a few drops of red food coloring, then stir to combine.
- Use a spoon to drizzle the white chocolate over the pretzels, then add some Sprinkles
- Let them dry
- Package for delivery, display in a jar, or gobble them up!
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.