On the menu this week: Pigs in a Blanket! We suggest making this easy recipe after reading Ribbit!, a story about a little pig out looking for some friends. *healthy mamas avert your eyes* Since we’re all about being as real as possible on here, we figure it’s a good time to admit we like hot dogs. *crickets*. Yes. We like hot dogs. Throughout my childhood, I spent every fourth of July selling concessions with my extended family. Hot dogs (along with nachos, snow cones, and cotton candy) will always hold a special place in my heart because they make me think of family, hard work, and fireworks. I’m pretty sure people used to have similar conviction regarding apple pie. But who has time to make apple pie these days?! Hot dogs for the win!
- 1 can Crescent roll dough
- 1 package Hot Dogs
- Preheat the oven to the temperature indicated on the crescent roll instructions.
- Open the can of dough and unroll (am I the only one that holds my breath like a child every time I have to pop one of these cans open?!)
- Take a triangle of the dough and stretch it out a bit for easier wrapping.
- Wrap each hot dog. Try to cover as much of the hot dog as possible for more even cooking.
- Place in the oven for the length of time specified on the crescent roll tin. We did about 15 minutes.
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.