Fun and simple, this easter themed math activity goes perfectly with Mole and the Baby Bird. Grab some Easter eggs and an egg carton and you are ready to practice a slew of mathematics skills with your little one!
- 10 plastic Easter Eggs
- 1 Egg Carton (12 count- cut off two spaces so there are 10 remaining)
- Option 1: Addition and Subtraction within 10: Use the Eggs as manipulatives to complete addition and subtraction problems within 10.
- Option 2: Counting: Place the eggs in the carton and count as you go to practice 1:1 correspondence.
- Option 3: Object to Number: Place a specific number of eggs in the carton to practice Object to Number skills.
- NOTE: Be sure to place the eggs from left to right, top row first. This will help familiarize your child with the use of a 10 square.
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.