This craft for When the Fly Flew In was made up on the spot when I was teaching and had to come up with a last minute activity. The kids loved it! It’s definitely not a craft of amazing creativity, but it looks like a fly, and you can buzz it through air like a fly (idea! Attach it to a string for more fly-like movement!). Make a fly on a stick today! Or tomorrow. Or whenever you decide to read When the Fly Flew In.
- Sticky Googly Eyes (LOVE these. No glue required)
- Black paper
- White paper
- Popsicle sticks (or string!)
- Cut out a circle for the body from the black paper and two wing shapes from the white paper.
- Attach the wings using glue
- Attach some googly eyes
- Use tape to fasten your fly to a popsicle stick or a piece of string
- You’re ready to buzz!
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.