Since When the Fly Flew In is all about cleaning up, we thought it would be fun to wash some clothes the old fashioned way! One time is fun, every day would be crazy. If you still wash clothes by hand you are my hero. My crazy hero.
- 2 buckets
- Soap (laundry detergent or anything you have on hand)
- Long stick (we used a broom handle)
- Dirty clothes or old clothes you don’t mind the kids playing with
- Clothes Pins
- Fill both of your buckets about halfway with water. Put soap in one of them. These will serve as the washing bucket and the rinsing bucket.
- Tie your string at little people level and attach some clothes pins.
- Place a basket of clothes and your stick next to the buckets.
- Time to play! Have the kids wash, rinse, wring, and hang the clothing on the line. This is a GREAT gross and fine motor activity!!
And at the very end, Cyrus decided to help our clothes-washing fun come full circle.
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.