Witch with Fries: A Recipe for “Room on the Broom”
Over the next week, I’ll be posting a VERY fun compilation of activities to go with an adorable Halloween book. Have you read Room on the Broom? It’s a story about a witch on a trip who keeps adding passengers to her broomstick. She ends up in quite the predicament when the broom snaps and she find herself in the clasps of a hungry dragon who loves witch with fries! Luckily her friends come to her rescue (spoiler alert).
Here’s what you’ll need:
- French Fries (I LOVE these fries from Wal-mart)
- Green Apple
- Oreo Thins
- Frosting (die it orange, green, or purple with food coloring)
- Matchstick Cut Carrots
- Chocolate Kiss
- Candy Eyeballs
Put it together:
- Bake your fries according to package directions
- I sliced my apple in half and placed it on a dish to make it a bit more sturdy, but you could leave it whole!
- Mix your frosting with some food coloring to get the color you prefer
- Put the frosting in a sandwich bag and cut a small hole to use for piping
- Pipe some frosting onto the top of the apple
- Add an Oreo Thin (then eat 7)
- Pipe some frosting onto the bottom of your chocolate kiss, then press that onto the oreo
- Use frosting to fasten the eyeballs
- Place your cute witch in the middle of a dish and arrange the fries around her. Spooooky.
*This post contains affiliate links, ya’ll!
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.