Flying Broom: A Science Experiment for “Room on the Broom”
Just a few materials and you’re ready for some broom-flying fun! Explore static electricity after reading Room on the Broom.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Tissue paper (I used black and orange)
To make your broom fly:
- Make a little broom using tissue paper and tape
- Fasten the broom handle to a hard surface
- Blow up your balloon and rub it on a head full of hair
- Use the balloon to life the broom off the surface and make it “fly”
Have fun experimenting with you and yours!
*This post contains affiliate links, ya’ll!
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.