Spooky Lift-the-Flap Page: A Craft for “Trick or Pete”
Trick or Pete is a lift-the-flap book, so we jumped at the chance to create our own “lift-the-flap” craft. We used Cardstock, tape, and markers to create this simple (& fun) craft. We also used this for our writing activity, since drawing is a pre-writing skill. Read more about that here.
What you’ll need:
- Cardstock: we used White, Purple, Black, Orange, and Green
- Tape: If you have some cute washi tape– use that! I just drew dots on some masking tape
- Cut out some squares from your colored paper and fasten them to the white page using tape.
- Have the littles draw spooky things under the flaps, here are some simple “spooky” drawing examples. I like to demonstrate drawing for little people who have not had a lot of experience with this skill.
- If you want to integrate MORE writing into the activity: add words! Have the kids sound out the word & write it themselves if they can. If not, have them dictate the word to you and then let them copy or trace it on their page.
*This post contains affiliate links, ya’ll!
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.