Fuzzy Honeybee: A Craft for “Thankful” by Eileen Spinelli
We’re making a fuzzy honeybee this week, so go along with “Thankful” by Eileen Spinelli! Have you read this book? It’s VERY cute and PERFECT for Thanksgiving. I promise. We’re making a honeybee because in the book 1. The beekeeper is grateful for honeybees and 2. The crafter is thankful for glitter and glue and 3. this bee is adorable.
The beekeeper page inspired our science and cooking activities as well, check them out!
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Bee Printable (Print on white cardstock!)
- Yellow Paint
- Elmers Glue
- Yellow Glitter
- Googly Eyes
- Wax paper
- Print the bee on white cardstock
- Paint the bee yellow
- Let the yellow paint dry
- Paint Elmers glue over the yellow paint (avoid the black stripes!)
- Sprinkle on some yellow glitter
- Shake excess glitter back into the container, or garbage, if that’s easier
- Attach the googly eyes with a generous about of glue (the glitter makes it harder to keep them on, so don’t be shy!)
- Cut out some little wings (from the wax paper) and fasten with glue!
*This post contains one or two affiliate links, ya’ll!
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.