Put out the Fire!: A Game for “Thankful” by Eileen Spinelli
We’re reading “Thankful” this week, and in the book, the fireman is thankful for putting the fire out. We designed our fun fire game to accompany this part of the book!
What you’ll need:
- Plastic Cups
- Red/Orange/Yellow tissue paper (or cellophane, if you have some on hand!)
- Spray bottle (a good one with a solid “stream” setting)
How to play:
- Make your “fire” by cutting up the tissue paper and fastening it to the top of the upside down cups with tape.
- Fill your spray bottle with water
- Use the spray bottle to push the water off the edge of a table, curb, or bench, “putting out the fire”.
- You can make this into a race by setting up two fires and having two kids face off to see who can put out their fire first!
*this post contains one or two affiliate links, ya’ll!
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.