“Little Blue Truck” Krispie Treat
I love it when I finish reading a book and can’t help but smile. Little Blue Truck is one of those books for me. I love the theme of kindness and friendship, and the animal sounds make it lots of fun to read to my little munchkin. We’re starting off our Little Blue Truck series with a fun cooking activity you can do with your little people.
You will need:
- Rice Krispies
- Marshmallows (S’moreMallows)
- Blue food coloring
- Rectangle storage containers to use as molds (I used these)
- Pretzel sticks
- Mini Reese’s
- Candy Eyes
- Oreo thins
Put it together:
- Make your Rice Krispie Treats according to package directions, remembering to add some blue food coloring to the melty marshmallows before adding the cereal. Maybe add a little more blue than I added. Let’s be honest. It’s a little green truck.
- While warm, press Rice Krispies into molds to create the shape of the truck. You will need a large and small rectangle.
- Let them cool a bit, then remove and build your truck!
- Attach the 4 Oreos as wheels using frosting
- Break and attach pretzel sticks to form the grid
- Add the mini Reese’s and candy eyes to form the headlights
- Slice a S’moreMallow in half and use that as the front windshield.
Keep an eye out for more Little Blue Truck activities coming soon!
*This post contains affiliate links, ya’ll!
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.