Stuck Trucks: Science and Sensory with “Little Blue Truck”
The science and sensory activities are combined for our “Little Blue Truck” unit. We are playing with mud, ice, and water, and experimenting with water temperature and salt to watch the ice melt, getting our cars and trucks “unstuck”. Here’s how we did it!
You will need:
- Toy Cars
- Sand or Dirt
- Large Tray
- 1-3 Spray Bottles
- Stretch each balloon over a car, then fill with the desired amount of water.
- Tie off and freeze (I did mine overnight)
- Remove the balloon
- Place frozen cars in a large tray filled with sand or dirt
- Fill spray bottles with warm, room temperature, and cold water
- Provide salt in a shaker or bowl
- Start exploring! How will we get these trucks unstuck?!
More Activities for Little Blue Truck Coming Soon!
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.