Special Delivery: A Reading Activity with “Little Blue Truck”
We are practicing our letters and words in line with our vehicle theme since we’re reading Little Blue Truck this week. We picked a car and sent it back and forth toting letters and words for our little people to read. After reading the card, they send the car zooming back to you and the fun continues.
Here’s how we set it up:
- Buy this car! I use it all the time. OR, you can use a hot glue gun to securely fasten a paper clip to a car. Preferably one that will cover a decent amount of ground when pushed.
- Print some alphabet cards, or write down the letters or words you are targeting with your munchkin.
- You sit on one side of the space, the child (or children, you could do this with a small group) sits on the other. Attach a card, then send the car zooming to its recipient.
- Let the child remove and read the card, then send the car zooming back
- Prepare to send your next special delivery!
More Little Blue Truck activities coming soon!
*this post contains some affiliate links, ya’ll!
Tawni is a former special education teacher, now stay-at-home momma. She spends her days reading, cooking with lots of cheese, listening to professional choral music, and tickling her baby boy, Cy. She lives with her husband and son in Utah.